Thursday, July 22, 2010

World Without End

 
I finally finished it! Studying being my number one priority, the last 300 pages or so took about 4 weeks to get through, instead of the expected few days. Throughout the book I couldn’t help but to compare it to Pillars… constantly cogitating which one would turn out to be my favorite. After 1,014 pages of debate, I have made my decision.

Pillars wins.

There isn’t a word to describe my love for that book, and well, there is for WWE… love. Just love… not, well, speechless, just want to hold the book and smell it, love. I know…I’m a little strange. I did love it, but not without a few complaints...

 A little letter to the author regarding my debate:

Dear Ken Follet,
If you hadn’t used the specific phrase “cramp his style” to describe a 14th century man’s opinion on his mother moving in with him, and had perhaps used a more period-appropriate phrase… my debate as to which was my favorite would have gone on much longer.

Your fan,
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment