Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slow Boat to China

Ok, so I just started classes at SBCC, and my reading time has been greatly reduced. Thus, I have started Shadow of the Wind, but am only about half way through it.

So far, I really like it. At first it was a little hard to get into, but I'm like that with a lot of books, so that really doesn't say much. It's a really fun, kind of mysterious read, and the characters are greatly enjoyable. My favorite is Fermìn Romero de Torres. He's the perfect... sidekick, if that's what you'd call him, and you really never know what he's going to come up with next! I won't give it the official two-thumbs-up until I actually finish it, but I think it's safe to say that you should read it. ;)


*****Finally finished it... LOVED it... best word to describe it... SATISFYING. very. definitely read this one.*****

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are going back to school. You have a great reading list there also. If you liked "The Fountainhead" then you should also try "Atlas Shrugged"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i actually just bought that one a couple weeks ago, but have only been reading textbooks ever since :( i'm hoping i can pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete